2017 – Present
Manager – Global Command Center Operations
- Facilitates major incidents for high profile clients and internal organization disruptions.
- Ensures restoration of services by fostering collaboration between support groups, vendors and suppliers.
- Develops recovery plans, tracks remediation and
communicates with C-suite leadership.
- Leads operational health assessments to improve IT delivery.
2015 – 2017
Senior Technology Architect/Consultant
- Provides technical and non-technical consulting on technology strategy projects and architecture remediation.
- Data center migration and methodology, DCIM, RFP creation and evaluation, IT application audit and risk projections, project management, and project coordination.
IT Manager, Health Industries, Advisory
- Management of personnel and projects in the Infrastructure Technology group of the Health Industries line of service.
- Delivered enterprise health infrastructure initiatives for the payer, provider and pharma/life science industries.
2013 – 2015
- Provided technical consulting, project management, project coordination, and consultative services for large enterprises.
- Structured ITO deals from technical, contractual, and
- Enabled customers to outsource legacy ops to the cloud.
Maple Grove, MN
2011 – 2013
Senior Solutions Engineer/Architect
Mentored engineers and architects. Interacted with customers to understand their environment, risks and challenges. Integrated with sales staff to deliver valuable customer focused solutions. Managed technical migration of a major public school system’s data centers to two new data centers without service disruption.
2004 – 2011
IT Manager - Data Center, Storage, Virtualization, UNIX
Managed, multi-million dollar budgets and external vendor
relationships. Provided guidance, vision and leadership for multicultural team members globally. Operated highly available enterprise systems in 24/7/365 environments. Internal cloud pioneer. Instrumental in capital procurement and life-cycle management. Managed hiring. Trained staff.
JPL - NASA
1997 – 2004
IT Manager - UNIX
Lead and managed an exceptional team of UNIX engineers
supporting one of NASA’s premier Navigation and Spacecraft
Dynamics divisions. Owned vendor relationships and capital
purchasing responsibilities. Owned responsibility for design,
installation, operations and troubleshooting.
San Diego, CA
1990 – 1996
Commissioned Officer – USS Drum (SSN-677)
Division leader. Monitored operations, organized daily and
weekly business procedures, and briefed senior personnel on
overall progress. Regularly collaborated with senior, adjacent,
and subordinate teams. Wore many leadership hats while
enjoying increasing responsibility. Go Navy!